Photo by Paws on the Run Pet Photography

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

One Last Cabin Weekend

This past long weekend Cookie and I took a road trip up to my mom and stepdad's cabin for one last visit.  It was a weekend of lasts :-(
One Last Roaring Fire
One Last Stroll Over the Bridge
One Last Creek Swim













We also went for one last quad ride... however I was riding so no pictures.  You will have to just take my word for it that it was awesome.  The cabin is located just through the Crowsnest Pass down Tecumseh Road.  The scenery is breathtakingly beautiful.  

We have had the luxury of visiting the cabin numerous times in the four years that they have owned it.  It has become one of my favourite places to be as it is pretty, quiet, and relaxing.  The memories that we have created there are ones that last a lifetime.  We spent Christmas there in 2011, a couple thanksgivings and easters and countless weekend "camping trips".  I may not have been able to go up as much as much as I would have liked but the times I did were a ton of fun.

One last last for the weekend.... Our last Tecumseh hike.  The Munsters love running around and "hunting" for things.  These pics show mom's three munstys hunting for something that was at some point in the tree and in the stump.  I'm sure whatever it was had left ages before the crazy dogs arrived.  It makes me laugh how city-slicker Cookie stands staring at them because he has no idea what has gotten into them....   


So what's next.... A new location in the pass, even closer to Lethbridge, and possibly a Bed and Breakfast!  The new place will be much larger with extra bedrooms and bathrooms.  I say it is perfect that they are expanding their retreat in the mountains at the same time Dan and I are expanding our family!  Although I was sad driving away from Tecumseh I am excited to start a whole new set of memories at the new place!

No comments: