Photo by Paws on the Run Pet Photography

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Cookie is Going to be a Big Brother

May 10th... Dan's Birthday....

I woke up in the early early morning hours with a start.  It was like an epiphany.... ""Holy crap I'm late!"  I quickly did the "math" on my cell phone calendar and realized that I was a week late.

I didn't want to say anything to Dan until I was 100% sure so I got ready for work, and went about my day as normal.  The only difference was I must have checked the dates on my calendar at work at least a dozen times.  Coming to the same conclusion each time...  anyway I looked at it I was a week late.

For Dan's birthday we had decided that we were going to meet all of our friends at Mojos Pub for beer and wings.  The plan was for everyone to meet there after work.  Because I'm the last one to get off work I was the last one to be heading over.  I decided that I need to confirm my suspicions before heading over so I stopped at the drugstore on my way.  I got home peed on the stick and before I had even put cap back on to "let it sit for two minutes" it was positive!

Shock and excitement was the only way I can describe how I felt.  We have not been preventing or planning for a few years now so for it to happen out of the blue like this was unexpected.  Of course I'm sitting at home alone with no one to tell except Cookie.  He was thrilled!!!  We sat on the floor for a few minutes to discuss his impending status as Big Brother.  We hugged, I cried, and he licked my face.  Of course being a dog I could have told him that we were sending him to "a farm" and I probably would have had the same reaction.  LOL

I headed over to Mojos for what was probably my longest night in that place EVER!  And, trust me us ladies have had some long night there with the guys.  Of course I couldn't drink so I got teased about that.  A couple "you're not drinking, you must be knocked up" comments were made.  To which I wanted to shout out yes I am knocked up!  I figured that would be a bad way to let my husband know he was about to be a dad.

FINALLY after about 5 hours of not drinking and wanting to hurl at the sight of the chicken wings and Krisit's steak I got Dan out of there.

Anyone that has ever purchased a gift for Dan knows he is the hardest person to shop for.  We had just purchased him a membership to Paradise Canyon so he could golf this season.  I had told him that for his birthday we would go shopping the following weekend and he could buy some golf gear that he wanted / needed.  He wasn't expecting to open anything... I had wrapped up the test.  He opened it up and it took a second for him to realize what it was and what it meant.  And then, "You're pregnant?  WOW that's sobering!"  Best birthday present ever!



No comments: