Photo by Paws on the Run Pet Photography

Monday, September 12, 2011

Saddest Day Ever!

Tonight my bestie Emily, Cookie and I went for a walk down to Popson Park.  We walk from my place in Sunridge down the hill to the off leash park.  Cookie is so funny because he knows as soon as Emily shows up in the evening that we are going to go for a walk. Popson is our favourite place to head to as there is easy access to the Old Man River.  Cookie is an awesome swimmer and I love to tire him out by sending him over and over again into the river to fetch his toy.








This blue toy that we ordered through Paws on the Run is by far Cookies favourite river toy.  I love it because it floats and with the long rope on it I can "wing it" out into the middle of the river.






Tonight Emily and I were taking turns throwing it for him.  It was all fun and games until I threw it out and he didn't see where it went.  Of course the current caught it and away it went.

It was so sad.... we kept going out and looking for his toy.  I would call him back, and he would come to the shore only to return to the middle of the river.  Poor Munsterlander!  His favourite toy is no more  :-(

2 comments:

onecollie said...

Oh that is so sad!!!!
You must get him a new one!

MobleytheDog said...

Poor Cookie!I've seen that look on my SM's face....when they don't understand, it's very sad. First, it's, "Where." Then, "Why."